Your metabolism is all of the chemical processes that convert carbohydrates, proteins, and fats from your food into the energy that your cells need to function.
Your metabolic rate is the amount of time it takes your body to process and burn energy, or calories, from the food you eat. Your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the amount of energy, or calories, your body needs to maintain basic functions when you’re resting. Several things influence your BMR:
- Genetics: The Calories you burn per day is largely determined by genetics.
- Age: Your average BMR decreases by 2 percent per decade after age 20.
- Gender: Men tend to have a higher BMR than women.
- Weight: As your weight increases, so does your BMR.
- Height: Tall people tend to have a BMR than shorter people.
- Body makeup: Your BMR will be higher if you have more muscle and less fat.
- Diet: Long-term low calorie intake can significantly reduce your BMR. So, extreme dieting can actually work against you.
Most supplements that raise your metabolism contain a combination of ingredients. Swisse Ultiboost Metabolism + is a daily use, premium metabolism booster made with Chromium and Gurmar, Cinnamon, Zinc, Magneisum & Biotin. This health product helps support the metabolism of sugar, carbohydrates, fats and proteins.